Thursday, August 13, 2009

Back-bencher in my Cab.....

"Jaise school mein back-benchers hote hai, apni cab mein bhi yeh teen back-benchers hai, jab dekho kuch na kuch chitter kutter bolte rehte hai. Ek bolne mein ustad hai, ek kuch na kuch plan banata rehta hai aur ek dono ko chadhata rehta hai".


These words were coming from one of my cab mate(manager in my company) and according to him i am the back-bencher in my cab who keeps on planning things which never take shapes.


I know most of us were back-benchers, in our school,collage,CAB. Maybe we were a pain in our teacher's ass but there got to be someone at the back and we volunteered/sacrificed ourself. Sitting at the back had its own share of fun and adventure. I still remember the days when I along with my back-bencher friends used to finish our lunch box mostly by the end of 1st period without our teacher having any air about it. All the laughs and giggles usually had their epicenter at the back. Not to forget those sleeping sessions when class got too boring.



Recently a study was carried out with the findings that most of the adventurous aka rambo-mithun-rajni etc kind of guys were back-benchers in their childhood.

The discussion went on in my cab till we passed this newly renovated Wine Shop, post which i lost track of it- reason, i started questioning myself whether 14 Aug is a dry day or not? Should i go ahead and buy my quota of Vodka for the next three days? That was my plan, which again as usual never took off. Came back home and had kisaan squash instead.


I want to confess that off late i have started enjoying smoking. It began with a puff and now i get these strong urges to go for smoke. I am trying hard to keep a tab on this really bad habit. Lets see how much i succeed.


Its 12:30. Got to go to bed. Kal office bhi hai. I am not lucky enough like one of my friend to blog during office hours :)

7 comments:

anshul said...

ha ha.......thumbs up!

Unknown said...

Hey Jit's,
When I was reading your blog it was like old film feauturing myself running in front of my eyes.I was,before coming in this cab was backbencher in the cab with some very strong personalities.Strong nahhhhh mere man mai to tha 'motu'likhu.Anyways thanks to selfishness of you guys that helps me to come out from that groove of back benching and be a front sitter which I always dreamt of during my kiddy kiddy days.Mai kewal apni Car mai age bathne ke shauk ki bat kar raha hu apne school class ki nahi.I will always cherish the moments that i have spent as a backbencher in my classroom.
Thanks for reminding me my old school happy back benchers day.

Time Traveler said...

Dear Jitu,

From one single comment, you have written such a good blog. We should pass more comments to you.
Nice!!

Dude! - smoking kills, stay away from it.

-Abhishek

Prads said...

It reminded me of my back benching experience. But sad to know that you started smoking...quit b4 it gets you totally in.

Rakesh Parwal said...

well said J, it's fun to be a back-bencher. I'm a volunteered back-bencher in my cab too for last 2 years now.

whom u referring to in "one of my friend to blog during office hours"? not me - certainly - I guess.

Alok.Bhardwaj said...

No doubt comments r grooming you like nything... nice writeup man... keep this up...

N regarding smoking... jus remember 1 thing... once u get addicted to it, either u urslf will quit it or doctor will ask u 2quit d same 2 u... nothing much 2 say... :)

God Bless...

Sriram JP said...

Good blog :)
dont smoke it up !!